Sunday, January 24, 2021

Make a List Monday January 25. 2021

 


 Well, here we are at the start of a new week.   I feel like I have done pretty good this past week on my goals.


So here is last weeks list;

Hearts on Fire blog hop project.   I worked out what I want to do and am working on it.   Done and blogged about it.  You can read the blog here. https://kathyskwiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2021/01/hearts-on-fire-bloghop.html

Little Loot Bag swap -   fabric is cut and ready to sew.   

Yellow Brick Road - ready to sew rows together and get borders on.   This should be done Tuesday as I am doing a virtual quilt day with my granddaughters.   The pictures shown are my granddaughters.    They were instructed to lay it out in a way they liked and stitch it together and give it a really good pressing as they go along.   This is the layout, unstitched.   I will be putting mine in a layout today after work. 

Orange Peel - Done.    Need to get some good pictures and then write a blog post.  Hopefully I can do that this weekend.   

Work on the Corn Maze quilt.   Everything is cut out.   Need to finish some marking and then get sewing.


Metro Medallion. Still working in this one.   I have a few rows put together

Quilt for my bed.    This is coming along.  I have 2 rows stitched together


Now on to this week. 

So for this week, I had decided I wasn't going to add anything to my list.   Well, I started cleaning my sewing room a bit and found this quilt, that had been quilted but needed binding.   I trimmed it up, used the leftover fabric to cut my binding strips and stitched the binding to the front.  So now to finish it.






Finish my bag for the loot bag swap.  The goodies I am sending are ready for that.


The yellow brick road is ready for the borders and then I can sandwich it and quilt it.  




Corn Maze.  I have started sewing the squares.   This is the next quilt I will teach my granddaughters.   I am also hoping to teach this at my local quilt shop. 



Metro Medallion - continue working on this one.  I habe a lot of the blocks done.  Need to start sewing them together to see how close I am. 



Quilt for my bed.  I have a bit more done, so I will continue.





This one, I think the quilting is just about done, then I can bind and give it to the recipient who has been waiting patiently for it. 





This quilt is one that I want to get done as well.  



I also have these table runners that need to be quilted.  I have a stack of about 5 or 6. 






I have a goal to get 9 bed quilts done for grandkids for Christmas this year.   Some of what I have been doing are not bed size, but they might be used as donation quilts.  So after this week, I will be adding some new quilts that are bed size quilts.   Maybe if I start now, I will get 9 of them done.  All but 2 are twin sized.  


Yes, I give myself a lot to do.   But I like to be busy.  I am not usually much of a tv watcher.   

No comments:

Post a Comment