Wednesday, December 4, 2019

My favorite sewing tools

Today is day 4 of the 31 day blog writing challenge hosted by Cheryl at www.muppin.com.

I have a lot of favorite tools.   I would have to say though that my favorite would be my rulers and my rotary cutters and mats.



I can remember when I first started quilting, templates were made from cardboard, traced and cut with scissors.

Can you imagine cutting a quilt with lots of pieces with scissors?   That takes a very long time.

I have 3 cutting mats.  One is 18 x 24".I would really love a bigger one, but this one world for now.   Then I have 2 small ones.  1 is 12x18 and folds.  It is great for traveling and then one is 8 x 11.  This one goes in my backpack so that if I am working on some hand piecing at work and I need to cut something I can.  I picked it up at a going out of business sale for $1.00.



I have a variety of rulers.  When I travel with them, they are wrapped in fabric.  I have had a few break before I realized to wrap them this way.  I keep a couple of small basic ones at work.


I will be back tomorrow with a really fun cookie recipe and will share the Christmas quilt I am working on.   This will be part of the virtual cookie exchange blog hop.  Hope to see you then.


1 comment:

  1. I remember the days before rotary cutters and rulers, too. Those tools are indispensable today.

    ReplyDelete