Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pattern testing - Gatherings - a wood crate liner.


Do you have one of those cute little wooden crates?  Well, I have a fun way for you to dress it up!!!!! And the best part, you can make it seasonal or to match your decor.


I have had a great opportunity to test a pattern called "Gatherings"  for Rachel Rossi of #designsbyrr that was just released today. It is a basket liner for a wood crate. I chose to do it in a patriotic fabric since it is close to Independence Day.




The instructions are easy to understand, very well written, and I think that it would work for a beginner sewer.  The advice I always give to people is to read through the pattern before you start. Yes, I have made mistakes because I haven't always done that.

If you are into the wood crate storage option or are just looking for a new pattern to try out, I encourage you to make one, or two, or a few.   I actually made this for my daughter. Right now, I don't have any wood crates. I am at a point where I am trying to get rid of things, not collect more, unless of course it is quilting related. My daughter uses this for books she checks out from the library for her kids. So, when you make one, what will you put in it?  Have fun!

Well, I guess I need to tell you how to order this pattern, right? I am going to link you over to Rachel's page and you can order it there.
http://www.rachelrossi.design/product/gatherings-wood-crate-liner-pdf/
 enjoy!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment