Monday, June 20, 2016

tricot nightgown

I made this tricot nightgown for my granddaughters 6th birthday. I sure hope she likes it. I used mccalls pattern 7221.

I chose not to put elastic in the sleeves. I also decided not to put the bottom ruffle on this and instead finished the bottom and sleeves with lace.

I really like to make my blogs informative. So, I am going to give you some tips for working with tricot. When pinning your pattern down, use sharp pins and pin frequently.
Use sharp scissors for cutting.
When sewing you can use a serger, or you can just use a regular sewing machine.
I used a size 80/12 schmetz universal sewing machine needle.
Pin frequently.  Yes, I know it takes time, but it is very slippery.
This pattern worked great for the tricot. I will definitely make more. I am thinking 2 layers if I use a light colored fabric, as it was just a bit sheer.
Tricot is fun to work with.
My granddaughter tried it on when I gave it to her, and decided she wanted to keep wearing it. She told her mom this morning that she loves it and it is very comfy.

This week I am linking up with Monday Making over at lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com
Let's be social at sew fresh quilts
Needle and thread Thursday at my quilt infatuation
Can I get  a  Whoop Whoop at confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment