Thursday, December 17, 2020

Christmas Ornaments - reverse applique




Today I want to share with you some fun Christmas ornaments I am making.   This is a new to me technique called reverse applique.    It is fun to do and really easy to learn.   


The pattern for these are by Margaret at Eye of the Beholder Quilt Design and to get them you can go to her website at https://www.eobquiltdesign.com.

These are the scissors that I like to use for the intricate work.


Want to learn to do this?   You are in luck as Margaret is holding 2 virtual classes in the coming week.   They make great last minute gifts.   One class is Sunday, December 20th 1:00 - 4:30 pm. Mountain time and Tuesday, December 22nd 9:00 - 4:30 pm Mountain time, and this one includes paper piecing these ornaments.    That is next for me to try.  

I changed mine just a bit.   Instead of doing the back just like the front, I just let the back be quilting. 

I hope you will try these ornaments and try this technique of reverse applique.   It really is fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment