Saturday, June 27, 2020

Heart pincushion - pincushion parade blog hop - day 28





Hi!! And welcome to day 28 of the pincushion parade blog hop hosted by Crystal @ www.daybrookdesigns.com.  This has been a fun blog hop and it has been neat seeing so many fun pincushion designs.

Today I am sharing another quick and easy pincushion with you.   It is a heart shape pincushion.   A fun gift to gift and tell someone you love them, just because.

Supplies needed:

2 pieces of fabric.  Size depends on how big tour heart is.
A heart template.  You can use a cookie cutter, a pattern online, or draw your own (you know, like we did in school?).

Stuffing

Basic sewing supplies

Start bygetting your template ready.  I drew mine by hand.  I folded a piece of paper in half and just drew half a heart. 


Then cut it out.


After I cut it out, I opened it up and it looked like a heart.


 Press your fabric.    Place your heart template on the fabric, pin and cut.

With right sides together, stitch around the heart, making sure to leave a small opening to turn right sides out and stuff.




I like to clip around mine, just to the seam line to get it to turn nicer.

Press and stuff. 

Stitch the opening closed.  You now have another fun pincushion.   Be sure to tag me at www.instagram.com/kathyskwiltsandmore.  And Crystal @ www.instagram.com/daybrookdesigns.  Use the tags #pincushion parade #pincushionparadebloghop

Thank you for joining us this month.  2 more days of pincushions.

I will be back soon with some fun quilts to share.  Just not sure when.  We just finished a remodel on Friday (about 6 weeks) and I am now spending my time putting things back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment