Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Pincushion parade blog hop day 23 - the flower pincushion




Hi and welcome back.  It has been so fun seeing all these neat pincushions.  I have been wanting to see along, but with no where to set up my machines, I haven't been doing them.   But I definitely will as soon as I get things set up.

Today's pincushion is a little flower Pin cushion. 



So, let's make one!!!  Or a few!!!! These are so easy.

Supplies needed:

2 circles.   Mine were 4 inch.   You can use whichever size you want.   Use a glass, mug, etc for your template.


Stuffing:  I used just regular polyfil.

2 strands embroidery floss.  You can use matching or contrasting.

Needle.   Long - could be just an embroidery needle or a farming needle.

Basic sewing supplies.

Button or a hexie (like you would use for app).  I used a 1 inch hexie.

With right sides together, sew your circles with a 1/4" seam.

  Leave an opening for stuffing.   Turn right side out and stuff the pincushion.   Sew your opening closed.



Take your embroidery floss and a long needle and find the center of the pincushion bottom and push the needle theough and up through the top.   Take your floss and wrap to the bottom and put your needle through the center and up through the top.  Decide how big of a petal you want and repeat.   Repeat until all petals are made.  Tie off your thread.



Take your button or other embellishment and stitch on the center of the too.  You could put a magnet on the bottom of the pincushion.



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I can't wait to see your pincushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment