Saturday, February 16, 2019

Learn how to English Paper Piece part 2 - A fun wall habging

Last week, I shared about a new book on English Paper Piecing.  You can read that here https://kathyskwiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2019/02/learn-how-to-english-paper-piece-review.html

I enjoy English Paper Piecing  and I hope you will give it a try.

I needed a fun gift for a swap that I was participating in, and the partner I was given likes EPP. So, I thought why not make her something with EPP.   As I was  going through things, I found some hexies, that I had thread basted and had started sewing together.  Just a note, when you start going through quilting and sewing stuff, you don't always know what you will find.



I really liked the Grandmother's Flower patch quilt that Carolina shared in her book.  I decided it would be fun to make 1 block from that quilt and make it a throw pillow.   Well, it became a wall hanging instead.  I got carried away, was excited to quilt, and forgot to make marks as to where to stop quilting.  However, it turned into a very fun wall hanging.



So, I made the one block and pressed and starched it.  Then I put quilting adhesive on the back, just a little to stick it in place.  I then used my blanket stitch on my Lily 550 to applique it.  I needed to get it done fast, otherwise, I would do a blanket stitch by hand.



Then for quilting I decided to do feathers and curls.   I should have probably done some fillers between the feathers to make them pop.  I will do that next time.    It feels great to have another finished project.


Linking up with:
Finished or Not Friday @ www.busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com
Can I get a whoop whoop @www.confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com
And TGIFFriday at www.tgiffriday.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment