Thursday, December 13, 2018

TGIFF - The Jungle Quilt

Today is my day to share for TGIFF (Thank goodness it's finished Friday).  This quilt is one that I started sometime ago. 


My daughter pieced it and then I quilted it.   The quilting was quite simple, I stitched in the ditch around the squares, and then I did a free motion leaf design on the borders.


 I used warm and natural batting, front and back are both flannel.  I used my Lily 550 from Viking to do the quilting.    I used glide thread for the quilting in a warm grey. 

My daughter in law requested a jungle theme, so I hope she will like this for my grandson.  There is another one in the works, that I hope to have ready for Christmas.

The binding still needs stitched down, but all my evenings after work have been spent putting a basement back together after a sewage flood.  This quilt will be ready for gifting to my newest grandson on Sunday. 

What have you finished this week?  Link up and share with us, please.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute baby quilt. Very appropriate for a quilt that will be used a lot. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little jungle quilt! I'm sure your grandson will love it for years to come :) I hope you get your basement cleaned up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something satisfying about finishing a quilt, especially after it has sat unfinished for a while! It looks so snuggly warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable !
    Sorry you had to spend evenings cleaning up - I think sewing is much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute - and sure to be loved by him, with its happy characters and its soft flannel. :) The leaves in the border were the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete