Saturday, April 23, 2016

Bricks and Blocks quilt along





I am so excited, I have written my first quilt pattern, and I am ready to share it with you. To do so, I am going to do a quilt along. This pattern is written for the beginner in mind, and when we are done with the quilt along, you will have a quilt ready for use. The first post will be on Wednesday, May 4th and we will spend 6 weeks on this quilt. Some of the steps won't take very long, but as we are all busy, I want to give you some time.

This will be the schedule:
May 4th, cutting
May 11th, sew block units together
May 18th, assemble the quilt top
May 25th quilt
June 1st quilt
June 8th bind.

There are 3 sizes you can choose from:
Crib, twin and queen.

In addition to the fabric you will need: an acrylic ruler (6"x24"), 45mm rotary cutter, rotary cutting mat, sewing machine, and thread.

Fabric requirements are:

Crib Size (40x50):
      Focus Fabric: 1 yard
      Color 1: 3/4 yard
      Color 2: 3/4 yard
      Color 3: 3/4 yard

Twin Size (70x90):
      Focus Fabric: 2 1/2 yard   
      Color 1: 1 1/2 yard
      Color 2: 1 1/2 yard
      Color 3: 1 1/2 yard

Queen Size:
      Focus Fabric: 3 yard   
      Color 1: 2 yard
      Color 2: 2 yard
      Color 3: 2 yard

3 comments:

  1. I hope to QAL. I want to use Mimi Mouse fabric I have in my scrap basket, hoping I have enough. They are large scraps. I have two Great Granddaughters, 2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do join us. I think it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do join us. I think it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete