Sunday, April 21, 2024

April showers blog hop



Welcome!!!!!  Today is the first day of the April Showers blog hop hosted by Joan at Moosestashquilting.com.    






 With this blog hop we are supposed to share things that remind us or what we might do with the theme of showers.  Rain Showers, baby showers, wedding showers, etc.    When I first read the title, I thought well April Showers bring May flowers.   


Then as I read more I thought of things I might do for a baby shower.   So today, I am going to share an idea for April Showers and an idea for Baby showers.  

For April Showers, I am going to share some flowers I am working on.   I have gotten into English paper piecing, and I am making a bunch of hexie flowers.  These will be used in 1 of 2 patterns that I am writing.    I am hoping to have both patterns ready  by July 1st as I will be teaching a class mid July on English paper piecing.    If you like to do English Paper piecing, and would like to be a tester, Please let me know.   






For baby showers, I like to do a quilt or a receiving blanket with a crocheted edge.    Unfortunately,  I don't have a picture of a receiving blanket, but I will share a quilt.    This quilt is one that I designed, as a beginning quilt pattern to teach my granddaughters how to quilt.   I have published the pattern and use it for teaching classes.  If you love this pattern and would like a copy, please let me know.  I can let you know how to pay for it, and how much it is.    


This is one that I made for a grandson.




Thank you for joining me today.    One last thing before I go.  I have been playing with pattern designing and am in need of testers.   If you like to test patterns, let me know.

Please check out the other bloggers this week and see what they are sharing. 

12 comments:

  1. Great shower gifts! I love the boxy square quilt. It would be perfect for an I-Spy quilt. Pretty little hexi's you're working on too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shower gifts. Love the hexies you are working on! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute shower gifts and perfect for a new baby. Those hexi's are so pretty, but I don't do that kind of thing so I can't help you with the testing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your baby quilt gifts! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little hexi flowers are adorable! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both lovely baby quilts. Your English paper pieced flowers are so perfect. That's a skill that I absolutely do not have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute quilts! I really like the EPP flowers! I have a some made and started a Grandmother's Flower Garden that will get finished one of these years, after I have have put enough flowers in it... It makes for some nice handwork time in the car. Thanks for sharing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sort of EPP testing do you need? I have done some EPP and enjoy the handwork. jgsowin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your EPP flowers and both your quilts, Kathy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete