Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Give it a Whirl bloghop

 

Hi and welcome to day 4 and the last day of the Give it a Whirl blog hop.   This blog hop is being hosted by Carol of https://www.justletmequilt.com.    


When I saw the theme I thought that sounds fun.   So I remembered a quilt a friend had asked me to quilt for her. 


She made this at a retreat in 2022 and asked me to quilt it in early 2023.    She wanted circles on it, and she knew I did ruler work, so asked me if I could quilt it for her.   I said sure.  I hadn't really used my circle rulers yet, so why not.   It was fun. 



I used my circles on quilts ruler from Sew Steady.   I did smaller circles and then some larger circles so they overlap.  I quilted this on my Juki tl18qvp.   I had so much fun.   I had this one quilted fast.  Probably because it was really fun. 


As I was scrolling through my photos I found some other fun whirly things I have done. 

I love ruler quilting and I teach it to others.   These are some designs I do with rulers.





This EPP pillow is from a class I do on English Paper Piecing. 

  
This purple and teal quilt was quilted with loops.    It was done free motion on my Juki tl18qvp.   

Thank you for joining me on my blog today.   I would love for you to follow me here as well as Facebook at www.facebook.com/kathyskwiltsandmore or  on Instagram at www.instagram.com/kathyskwiltsandmore


Check out the rest of the bloggers for this week.  I think they have had as much fun as I have had. 


MARCH 18

 

Just Let Me Quilt

Quilted Snail

Pattern Princess

Days Filled With Joy

Quilted Delights

A Quiltery

Bumbleberry Stitches

MARCH 19

 

Selina Quilts

Inflorescence

Words & Stitches

Quilting Between The Rails

Sew Many Yarns

Vroomans Quilts

 

MARCH 20

 

Quilting Gail

Just Sew Quilter

Karrin’s Crazy World

Scrapdash

Time 4 Stitchn

 

MARCH 21

MooseStashQuilting

Ms P Designs USA

Songbird Designs

Beaquilter

High Road Quilter

Kathy's Kwilts and More

Homespun Hannah's Blog

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt and pillow cover. Your quilting is so perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that quilt you quilted is stunning and those circles look incredible on it. I've never played with ruler work. Maybe one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your quilting designs! I need to do more with all those rulers I have--I usually stick to my tried and true designs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do so great with those rulers and your quilting. That is a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ruler quilting. Also beautiful quilt. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your quilting with us. I may have to give ruler quilting a whirl, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilting examples. I am not very good at guilting yet and I continue to learn each day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can do ruler work on my long arm, but not on my domestic. I actually prefer to use Angela Walter's dot to dot method for most things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilting and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun projects. Great quilting.

    ReplyDelete