Thursday, January 2, 2020

The Patchwork baby quilt and first finish of 2020

This quilt was pieced together for probably 5 years.  I was just never sure how I wanted to quilt it.   So it sat there in a pile, got moved a few times and finally I decided to quilt it for a baby shower.




 I did a loopy meander, and found I did a couple of open hearts, wrote the word "love" and even found a few spots that I had cursive "L's" in the quilting.





For the border I did wavy lines.  When I first learned free motion quilting I would try for straight lines and get wavy lines.  Now when I try for wavy I get more straight lines.  I learned this border design through a you tube tutorial by Angela Walters @www.quiltingismytherapy.com



I hope this quilt is loved by mom and dad and especially little baby.   Quilts are a great comfort.  I make all of my quilts with love and I want them to be used and loved.

Just a recap: 
No pattern was used.   Just 4.5" squares sewn together.  I did do a border at 5" all around. 
Thread for piecing was from www.connectingthreads.com and is the essential collection.
Thread for quilting is glide by Filtec at www.habanddash.com






3 comments:

  1. What a sweet quilt for a little baby. I'm sure it will be treasured. I love the quilting, especially the little hidden bits, like the word love. Thanks for linking to TGIFF this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a cute little finish. I know what you mean about trying to quilt straight lines and getting wavy ones and then trying to quilt wavy lines and getting straight ones,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet quilt. Don't you just love making baby quilts? And I love your quilting as well. well done.
    cheers
    maggie

    ReplyDelete