Thursday, September 12, 2019

My favorite quilt block -blog hop



Hi and welcome.   I am glad you are here.   I have had a hard time deciding exactly which block to share, because I have a lot that I love.

I love the churn dash block.




I also love the star blocks and there are so many of them.  One of the aspects that I love with the star blocks are the flying geese blocks.  I love to make flying geese.

They are easy to make and I want to share a story.


 I have been teaching my 9 year old granddaughter to quilt.  She made this quilt, her very first one, and entered it in her county fair.  She earned 2nd place.  She is very excited.





 She wanted to start another quilt, so I pulled out some patterns for her to decide and she chose this one.


I happened to have her for the weekend about 3 weeks ago and we started on this quilt.  I showed her how to mark the squares and how to sew them.   She has been working on this quilt at home.   I have to say I am impressed by her work.



  She has a goal to enter a quilt in our state fair one day.  I think I may join her in that goal. 

Please join these other bloggers to see what their favorite blocks are
Monday, September 9th


Tuesday, September 10th


Wednesday, September 11th


Thursday, September 12th



Friday, September 13th

24 comments:

  1. Teaching our granddaughters to sew is fun and special. She did a wonderful job on her first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the blocks you showed. Your granddaughter is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks and how cool is it that your grand daughter is learning from you. Mine was not too interested in learning to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good choices for the Hop. Congrats to your granddaughter on her fair win! Best of luck to both of you with your state fair goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your grand-daughter and you for teaching her. her quilt is lovely. Flying geese are my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your grand daughter, It is so commendable that you have patient and kindness to teach her. What a legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Choosing a favorite block is hard, but Churn Blocks and stars are a great ones. It looks like your granddaughter is off to a wonderful start in a quilting career. That block looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to have a grand daughter who loves quilting. She picked a fun project...and who doesn't love M&M's fabric or otherwise! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally agree it was hard to choose a block - love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your granddaughter is doing great! Mine started learning, and then she got involved in other things. I hope she will want to sew again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilts, and good for your granddaughter. My granddaughter is interested in sewing too, I gave her a sewing machine for her birthday, but she is away at college right now, so it will be awhile before she has time again. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blocks! Those are 2 of my favorites, too. So glad to see that your granddaughter loves to quilt. She does beautiful work! No doubt she will place again when she enters her new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a joy to have a family member who loves to quilt! She is doing great! She is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The churn dash is a great block! Congratulations to your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice! Your granddaughter is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two great blocks for sure. What a thrill to teach your granddaughter quilting. A memory maker for sure. Thanks for joining the hop and for the fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ;Love the churn dash blocks. Your granddaughter is learning so well. Her work looks great. Congrats on her win.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet that you're instilling the love of quilting in your grand daughter! Imagine what she'll be accomplishing in 10 years! She's got a fabulous teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uh oh, the girl's got the fever! Better hide your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job, and congrats to your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a huge churn dahs fan too! But the stars - oh especially the stars with the M&M's!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you have several favorite blocks. Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the churn dash also. Very versatile! So happy to hear you are teaching your granddaughter to quilt. My 10 year old granddaughter is learning to stitch also, when I can get her over here long enough! LOL Children are just too busy these days! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all your projects! How exciting to hear about your granddaughter! xx

    ReplyDelete