Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Say What??!!! Sew it - show it challengeBlog hop




 Today is my day to share on the Say What???!!!! Blog hop hosted by Joan @ Moosestashquilting.com


I wasn't sure what to share, but as I started looking through some photos I remembered some things that I had done.


  Some are with an embroidery machine that I used when I was working at a local quilt shop selling machines and I had to learn to use the different machines, so I could demonstrate them to customers.   That was the funnest part of the job.    I loved seeing what these machines could do. 






This quilt was done for a co workers little boy.   It was a baby gift and I had fun doing this.   This was fun to do and I did the applique by machine. 




This one I did while doing the quilting on my domestic machine. When I first started learning free motion quilting, I was told to try things like loops, name writing, basically things that were already muscle memory.    I tried that and it came fairly easy to me. 

 I also have done this on longarms, when I was selling those at the quilt shop.   I would show customers how they could do that.   As they tried, they were amazed that they really could do it.   This is shown in the 2nd picture. 





Have you tried quilting your name when you are free motion quilting? Or have you appliqued a name on a quilt?    Leave a comment and let me know?   


Be sure to follow the other bloggers this week.  They all have something fun.


Monday April 17

MooseStashQuilting

Selina Quilts

Quilt Schmilt

Patchouli Moon Studio

That Fabric Feeling

Scrapdash

 

Tuesday April 18

Inflorescence

Creatin' in the Sticks

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Just Because Quilts

BeaQuilter

Joyful Quilter

 

Wednesday April 19

 

Quilting Gail

Voormans Quilts

Quilted Delights

The Quilted Snail

Ms P Designs USA

Kathy's Kwilts and More

 

Thursday April 20

 

Just Let Me Quilt

Karrins Crazy World

crazy'boutquilts

Pinker n' Punkin Quilting

Songbird Designs

Days Filled With Joy


14 comments:

  1. So many lovely pieces with words incorporated in the . Beautiful job. Emerson's quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty embroidery work. The quilt with the name Emerson is adorable. One of my best friends has a grandson named Emerson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job of free motion stitching. It really is one of those things I should practice more. Sweet fox quilt for Emerson, that will be loved for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect subject for this blog hop! You have embroidered so many lovely things. I have never tried quilting words on my machine, but you've inspired me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's spot on with getting people to write while FMQ. I've tried but I'm not very good at it. You are very good. Loved the emerson quilt - so cute and just right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun subject~ I did write with a longarm at a quilt shop. They were having a great sale so I used it to write 'honey, buy this for me?' and he did!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, I have never wrote anything on my longarm though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun projects! I haven't tried writing my name in stitches yet, but I've added appliqued names on the fronts of quilts and stitched names on labels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never written my name on a quilt, but I've heard it was easy. Your quilting looks lovely to me! I guess I'll have to try writing my name on my longarm. I love the words in your projects and how personal they can make a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do add names in my quilting and always add my initials when I'm meandering. All of the t-shirt quilts I have made have the name of the recipient somewhere in the quilting, too. Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun projects! I have written my name as well as other words in stitches on my longarm but never with my domestic! I usually use my embroidery machine for appliqueing or adding wording to quilts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute baby quilt and lots of "writing" on projects!! I have done a fair amount of both and actually have a Words and Phrases series tab at the top of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see you had lots of fun trying the embroidery machines out! I need to pull mine out and have a go... yes, I have done my name in free motion a few ties, it's fun! xx

    ReplyDelete