Thursday, March 4, 2021

Dust off an old book blog hop





 Hi and welcome to my day on the Dust off an old book blog hop.  This hop is being hosted by Bea @ www.beaquilter.com.  Thank you Be a for letting me join.  


I don't have a lot of old quilt books, maybe after things get better with the pandemic I can get to some thrift shops soon.  


I found this magazine from 1999, called Fabric Showcase Special and found some fun quilts that I thought would be fun to do.  



I chose the Strippy 9 patch quilt.   I love 9 patch quilts.   I am doing this one a bit different, as I am going scrappy.   I hate to waste fabrics, so I enjoy doing scrappy quilts.  




I haven't finished it yet.    Life has been a little bit crazy.   But I do have some stacks of 9 patches.  


And have started making some of the strips.


 I am thinking I will make a few of these in baby doll quilt sizes.   I have granddaughters who would love some and I have a friends little girl who would love some.  


I will definitely have some of these done soon and will be sure to share. 

Please visit these other bloggers.   They have some great projects to share.  

Monday 3/1

Words and Stitches  

 Samelia’s Mum

High Road Quilter

Tuesday 3/2

  Karin’s Crazy World

Lemon Tree Snippets  

 Anjaquilts

Wednesday 3/3

Beaquilter

   Cynthia’s Creating Ark

  A Quilting Readers Garden

Thursday 3/4

Kathy’s Kwilts and More       

Quilting Patchwork Applique

 The Darling Dogwood

 Creatin' in the Sticks

Friday 3/5

Beaquilter

Quilting at the farm  

 Kathleen McMusing

 


5 comments:

  1. I love the sweet colors you choose for your Strippy 9 patch, it's going to be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like this will go together very quick. It will be a finish in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on finishing up your Hop project. That pattern is going to make a lovely quilt!!

    ReplyDelete