Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 quilting plans

 I have a couple of things I want to work on this year, related to quilting. 1 is to get better at quilting and the other is to finish the projects I have started.

The only way I know of to get better at doing something is a "p" word repeated several times. That word is PRACTICE.  Now to practice, you need some projects. Believe me when I say there are no shortages of projects in my sewing room.  By the time I get those projects quilted, I should be pretty darned good.

What I need to do is take inventory of what I have, make a list and include whow the quilt is for. I know I have quilts for my kids that should have been done for weddings, quilts for friends that were meant for weddings and quilts planned for grandkids.

Knowing this, I probably should not start new quilts. But I love to test quilt patterns for designers. So, I will probably do some testing, but learn to not do every test I see.

As I get quilts done, I will definitely share here on my blog. As I quickly count on my fingers, I have at least 12 waiting for me. I get easily distracted. I see something new I want to try.

This year, I am going to make a plan. I am going to focus on the task at hand and I am going to set aside blocks of time for working on my projects.  I also need to plan menus ahead of time, so that I can allow myself more time for projects.

So, with all that being said, I want to wish you a happy 2018, and I need to go down and get a quilt started. I have a granddaughter due on Jan. 2nd, and of all the quilts in my sewing room, none of them are for a little girl.

What fun things are you working on? I love comments.
2018 Planning Party  

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, that P word will get you every time. Good luck with y our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up, Kathy. I hope you have a lot of quilting joy as you practice in 2018. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practice is our friend, and yes, we all get distracted. I have been pretty good at not starting new things, but sometimes, I really really want to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2018, Kathy! A couple of years ago when I surveyed the contents of the flimsies box (not to be confused with a flimsy box; actually it's a sturdy plastic tub!) I decided to work on my FMQ skills. I became more confident and more proficient. Hope you're successful, too!

    ReplyDelete