Monday, October 16, 2017

The Fireside Sweater

I usually blog about quilts. This one is about a pattern  I tested for "Ellie and Mac" and you can find them at www.ellieandmac.com.  this is a pdf pattern, which means that it comes via email to you.




I love to sew clothes, but had pretty much given up.on sewing for myself, as I had a hard time getting a good fit. I love the way this sweater fits. It has a strap across the back. I prefer to layer, but you can wear it without layering.


This was a quick sew, about 2 hours. I love the dolman sleeves. One of the testers used a different color for the bottom half of the sleeves. Turned out so cute. I used a t-shirt knit from my stash.




I will definitely use this pattern again. Keep watching the blog, as this week, I will be posting a few more clothing makes I have been working on.

If you would like to purchase this pattern, you can do so by clicking on this link http://ellieandmac.com?aff=183. And just so you know I am an affiliate,  so, I do make a little off of your purchase.

Thank you for reading. I love to hear your comments, so please leave some.




6 comments:

  1. I agree that the sizing is the hard thing, and making a muslin is time consuming! Have fun with playing around with garment sewing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the alternating stripes on the sleeves! It's a fun way to change up a normal v-neck top. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looks really cute on you. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great on you Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this..I also have this pattern and I'm thinking of making one in a cozy fleece for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a dolman sleeve. I'll have to check this one out as somehow I don't own a dolman pattern with a V neck.

    ReplyDelete